Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Week 7

Hello everyone!!

How was everyone's week? How is school? Any cool stories or miracles
experiences? I really love miracle stories because they really happen
so much more than you think. If you are looking for Gods hand in your
life, you will ALWAYS see it. :)

Our week was super great. I learned a lot this week about myself,
life, and missionary work in general and I know that as I continue to
seek for knowledge and growth, it will continue to come, even if it is
a difficult path to walk at times.

On Monday, we went to the walking bridge with the STL's and some other
sisters in the area. It was so much fun! We got to go to a candy
making shop and watch them make candy and I got the best strawberry
shake ever! After that, we went to the store and then I came home and
made pickle pie. Yes that's right. Pickle pie! Those of you who know
me really well won't be very surprised by this. Some senior
missionaries in the office told me about this pickle pie that they ate
in Bicknell Utah once and I was so intrigued that I got the recipe and
made it! And it was good!! It had sweet pickles and cinnamon and eggs
and cream and sugar. Seriously, don't judge until you try. If you
don't believe me, I have pictures to prove it.

On Tuesday, we did service for our Ward mission leader. Afterwards, I
fed everyone pickle pie and delivered one to the office missionaries
and the assistants. And they all liked it!! y'all have to try it. Then
we did a Skype lesson with our less active. Skype has been such a
blessing for our work lately. Because of it, we can have so much more
contact with our investigators and less actives and help them to read
and feel the spirit every day instead of only when we can come there.
It's so amazing! I can't wait for all the possibilities that will come
out of this amazing installment to the mission field.

On Wednesday, we had a lesson with a member in our Ward and his less
active wife about the plan of salvation and then we went to go teach
Terry about tithing. Terry is so amazing! He has been so faithful and
obedient and we can't wait to see his progression as he continues to
work toward baptism. Wednesday night was definitely a pivotal night
for me on the mission so far. During Terry's lesson, he shared with us
that he wanted to move his baptismal date to February instead of
September because he needs more time to get a house and marry his
fiancé. When he told me that, I was speechless. February??? That is so
far away and he is making such progress. I have really grown to love
him and I want him to truly receive all the blessings he can in this
life for himself and for his family. It took all that I had to respect
his wishes and leave that night. We went home and I realized
something. Everyone in this work has their agency, including us as
missionaries. If we as missionaries do everything in our power to
bring our investigators closer to Christ, then we are being
successful. No matter how much I want eternal happiness for those that
I teach, they must chose it for themselves or it won't be eternal
happiness for them. I learned that the Lords time table for these
people is the most important thing and as long as I am following the
Spirit, things are going to work out.

On Friday we got to teach some recent converts that have been
struggling to come to church lately. It was such an awesome experience
to hear their conversion stories and see their faith. I really believe
that if we keep meeting with them and keeping that fire burning inside
of them, they will become rock solid members of this church for time
and all eternity. After their lesson, we walked out and ended up
talking to a boy who was baptized with his mom in Indiana but had gone
inactive and was now living in our Ward boundaries. We got their
number and are working on contacting them and setting up a lesson.
Such a miracle!! The lord truly works in mysterious ways.

On Saturday, we had another miracle happen to us. We went to a chapel
about 20 minutes away with a less active of ours that we do Skype
lessons with. We were going to do family history there because they
have a library there that has those facilities. We were super late so
i, being the pace setter that I am, rushed into the building so we
could have time to do the work we were planning on doing. As we walked
in, we saw two people dressed in white. One was elder Permann and the
other was his investigator, Tatiana. We had no clue who she was but
for some reason, my heart filled with an indescribable joy. We ended
up sitting in and watching her be baptized. After the baptism was
over, we went over and gave her a hug and told her congratulations. We
clicked instantly. It was as if we had known each other forever! My
heart was filled with joy and love for her that can even be described;
for someone that I had never met! She turned to me and said, "I just
love you. It's as if we have been friends forever!". I know that we
were supposed to be at her baptism that day. I know that our Heavenly
Father knows us and he will lead and guide us to those that we need to
meet. Tatiana and me are now the best of friends after meeting for 10
minutes and I hope to be able to serve in her Ward while I am here.
Heavenly Father is so aware of us and as we are obedient and
righteous, He will facilitate remarkable things.

The last couple highlights that I wanted to talk about happened on
Sunday and yesterday. Sunday night was the fireside where missionaries
can bring investigators, less actives, or recent converts and anyone
can share their testimony, no matter what stage of the conversion
process they are in. Man! Sitting there and listening to these
wonderful spirits get up and proclaim the truth was such an amazing
thing. The Lord is preparing the hearts of His people and they are
strong and valiant. What a blessing to be able to listen at that
amazing meeting.

Yesterday was the new missionary training meeting. There is just too
many things to tell about so I will just mention some of my favorite
things. Our AP's just challenged our whole mission to have each
companionship baptize in the month of October. When I first heard
this, I will be honest, I was a little skeptical. However, I began to
pray in every prayer we gave for that blessing to be realized in our
companionship and my faith began to grow. I was filled with a stronger
desire and a firm belief that it is in fact possible. The AP's gave a
training yesterday about just how possible it is. They had us read in
the story of Enos. They pointed out that immediately after Enos was
forgiven of his sins, he began praying for his brethren. Then, after
much prayer and earnest pleading with our Father in Heaven for their
welfare and the desires of His heart, the Lord said in Enos 1:12 "...I
will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy faith".
I learned that first, we need to apply and access the atonement fully
in our lives in order to have that desire to help and bring our fellow
brothers and sisters closer to Christ. Once we have that desire, then
we have to have faith that the Lord will grant unto us according to
our desires. And then, we have to work. If we have sincere faith that
we can baptize and that the Lord will bring us to those who are
prepared to be baptized, then our work with be motivated and fueled by
that faith. We will do everything in our power to accomplish that
goal. I know that this can translate to anything in our lives. If we
are sincerely striving to apply and internalize the Atonement, that
desire in our hearts will come. If we then have faith in the Lord and
his ability to grant unto us those blessings, then we will be able to
set realistic goals and achieve them with His help. I know that our
Heavenly Father will help us in accomplishing His work. We must have
faith and experience the Atonement for ourselves so that as we come
closer to Christ, we can bring others with us as well.

President Brough then gave us an update on the use of our iPads and
Facebook. Since we are a test mission, headquarters wants to see just
how much good this new installment can do. We are now authorized to
teach investigators outside of our mission boundaries through Skype.
We have permission to teach those investigators in the homes of our
family members and friends as long as we coordinate with the
missionaries in the area and get permission from the president. How
amazing is that?? So, please email me or message me on Facebook if
there is anyone that you know that my companion and I could reach out
to. With the help of the missionaries in your area and permission from
the president, we can skype into lessons and teach them in your homes.
The work is hastening. It is so amazing just how much the Lord is
using these tools to move His work forward and share the gospel with
all of His children.

I know that this church is true. Our Savior lives. His Atonement is
full, all encompassing, and glorious. Strive to apply it more fully in
your daily life and watch how it can truly change your heart. Trust in
our Heavenly Father and His plan for you. It is so much more glorious
then the plans we try to come up with for ourselves. Be believing and
never ever give up. We are never alone. Pray earnestly and with the
intention to act on the revelation you receive and you WILL see
miracles. I can testify of that.

You are all the best. Thank you so much for your prayers, support, and
love. I will forever be grateful for this decision to serve and how
much I have been able to learn just how important it is to forget
yourself and go to work :)

Hurrah for Israel!!! :)

Much love!
Sister Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment